EMBASSY OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA IN THE NETHERLANDS
ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCY FOR THE POSITION OF SOCIAL SECRETARY
The Embassy of Nigeria is seeking applications for the position of Social Secretary (full time). Interested individuals are requested to apply by sending the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30 July, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and schedule appointments for the Ambassador.
- Provide proactive, cordial, and polite responses to telephone or written inquiries and requests directed to the Ambassador’s official telephone and official email address.
- Collate information and prepare preliminary report/briefs on major political and socio-economic developments in The Netherlands and around the world.
- Act as an interface between the Mission and the necessary Ministries and Organisations in the Netherlands.
- Provide advice and services on matters of protocol in The Netherlands.
- Accord necessary support and assistance to the Ambassador and other Diplomatic Staff of the Mission in planning, managing and executing events approved by the Mission.
- Assist diplomatic staff, as per their instruction, in discharging their respective duties, when necessary.
- Plan and execute all social events at the Chancery and at the Ambassador’s Residence.
- All other secretarial tasks as per the rules and regulations of the Embassy
Skills and Qualification:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
- Preferably two to five years of related work experience
- Have good public relations skills
- Proficiency in English language and Dutch language (written and spoken)
- Good at writing reports
- Good at event management
- Good computer skills (Microsoft office, and relevant software)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong interest and willingness to share knowledge with and learn from colleagues.
- Good knowledge of the protocol and practices of the Netherlands.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Identity document (such as passport)
Embassy of Nigeria,
The Hague, The Netherlands.
9 July, 2021