RENUNCIATION OF NIGERIAN CITIZENSHIP
PROCESSING OF APPLICATIONS FOR RENUNCIATION
IMPORTANT NOTICE: It is required that the letter from Immigratie Naturalisatie Dienst (IND) is officially translated into English. And both the copy translated into English and the original Dutch letter from IND must be submitted at the Embassy along with other requirements.
Applications for Renunciation of Citizenship can only be submitted from 10:00 to 16:00 by first scheduling an appointment.
1. Completed application form
2. Two passport photograph
3. Photocopy of the data pages of both Nigerian and Dutch Passports or Dutch Identity Card
4. A photocopy of the letter from IND requesting the Renunciation of Nigerian Citizenship
5. Valid Nigerian Passport
6. A photocopy of birth certificate
7. Formal hand written application letter requesting to renouce Nigerian Citizenship addresed to the Ambassador duly digbed by the applicant.
Note: page 3 and 5 of the form must be signed and stamped by the secretary to the local government of the applicant and high court or magistrate court respectively.
Click below to download the Application form for Renunciation of Nigerian Citizenship